Space-Saving Kitchen Ideas
Written by Lee Wyatt (last updated August 30, 2019)
Just about everyone had had to live with a really small kitchen at some time in their life. While it is always possible to expand your kitchen, unless you have the money to do so it is not a very feasible or practical idea. Rather, what we usually need are some great space-saving kitchen ideas. The next time you find yourself running out of space in your kitchen, try one of these great methods for creating more space. You will be amazed at just how much space you can save.
- Organize. Organizing your kitchen is one of the best ways to possibly save space in your kitchen. By periodically making sure that you have properly organized your kitchen, you will be able to consolidate the existing items into a smaller area. Usually, this is accomplished by making sure that you contain the clutter, and sprawl of kitchen appliances that many kitchens experience.
- Maximize your space. Usually we only have one option when it comes to dealing with a small kitchen, and that is to maximize the existing space that we have to it's fullest. One way that you can do this is through the use of cabinet organizers, and drawer organizers. These items will help you to be able to get the most out of the existing space, and help to keep your kitchen organized at the same time.
- Add storage if possible. If at all possible, see if you can add any extra storage. This doesn't mean that you need to actually expand your kitchen, but rather see if you can use furniture and other kitchen items in more ways than just one. For example, if you have a bakers rack in your kitchen, you can use it not only for decoration, but also for storing your plates, linens, and bakeware.
- Choose your gadgets. One really creative space-saving idea for your kitchen is to use specifically designed gadgets to help you out. For example if you like to drink coffee, but find yourself running out of counter space, then use a coffee maker that hangs down from your cabinets. These "space-saving" appliances are becoming more and more common in just about every department and home improvement store across the country.
- Decorate to save space. Another great space-saving kitchen idea is to actually use decorating principles to help you save space. For example, one great way that you can save valuable cabinet space is by using a "hanging organizer" for your pots and pans. Not only will this free up space in your cabinets, but it will also add a nice touch of elegance to your kitchen.
More Home Improvement Tips
Dishwashers are a great and wonderful thing to have in your kitchen, or they are when they work properly. Troubleshooting ...
If you are looking to truly make your kitchen unique, then you may be looking to have a tile backsplash. Tiling a kitchen ...
The cabinets in your kitchen should meet your specific needs. Choose the right cabinets for ultimate efficiency and ...