Can Push Pins Help When Hanging Wallpaper?
Anyone that has ever hung wallpaper can tell you about how frustrating and troublesome it can be. It seems like no matter what you do, you end up having some kind of problem. Everyone is always looking for an easier way to hang wallpaper, and looking for simple little tools that can help you make the job easier. One of the most common questions that people ask the experts at home improvement stores is: Can push pins help when hanging wall paper? Listed here are some of the most commonly asked wallpapering questions and the proper answers to those questions.
- Should I do my own wallpapering? When hanging wallpaper, you need to have a steady hand and patience. If you do not have these, then you should definitely hire someone to do the work for you. If you are expecting professional results the first time trying to hang wallpaper, be forewarned that this will not happen. When wallpapering, the only way to get professional results is to either practice a lot, or to hire a professional. So, if you would like to have the work done quickly, and to look great hire a professional.
- Can push pins help when hanging wallpaper? Believe it or not, push pins can actually help you hang wallpaper. The way that you would do this is to use a few small pushpins near the top of the wall to hold the wallpaper in place. After pushing the pushpins in, carefully work out any bubbles, and make sure that everything is lined up properly.
- Should I precut my wallpaper? One of the best possible ways to reduce the hassle associated with hanging wallpaper, precut your wall paper to match the walls. Do this in small sections so that you can easily handle the wall paper that you will be hanging. Make sure that each section will be able to overlap slightly so that there is no gaps between the sections, and try to line up the pattern as best as possible. Keep in mind though that the sections (while small) should never be broken up halfway down the wall. These kinds of breaks in pattern are exceptionally noticeable.
- What should I use to protect my prep table? Never use newspaper to protect your table when wallpapering. The reason for this is that the newsprint can stain not only the table when it gets wet, but also the wall paper. Instead use a large piece of plastic or a rubber table cloth.
- What tools do I have to have when hanging wallpaper? There are a few tools that you absolutely must have when hanging wallpaper. These tools are a seam roller, stiff bristled nylon brush, wall paper smoother, carpenter's level (to make sure everything is straight) putty knife, utility knife, pushpins, scissors, tape measure, a bucket of water, and a long tray.
- How much wallpaper should I have before beginning wallpapering? Carefully measure your walls, and then measure it again. Write down the measurements, and take them to your local home improvement store. While it is always tempting to try and purchase "exactly enough" wallpaper to complete your job you should always get a little extra. The best way to do this is to purchase at least two rolls more than what you are recommended to get. This will allow you to make a few small mistakes, and still have enough wallpaper to complete the job.
More Home Improvement Tips
Wallpapering an archway is probably one of the trickier tasks when hanging wallpaper. Just because it may seem tricky doesn't ...
Do you have a wallpapering project that you need to do? Before you can actually begin hanging your wallpaper, you will need ...
If you need to patch a hole in your screen, it's easier to use a square patch then a circular patch. Window screen repair is ...