Have you ever had a bay window? If so then you know just how wonderful they are. It seems like those three windows can really light up the room. However, without properly decorating those windows they can also be a major headache. Here are a few things that you should keep in mind when looking for some bay window window treatments.
- Hardware. One of the first things that you need to consider when looking at bay window window treatments is the hardware that you will use for the window treatments. What this means is that you need to figure out what you will use to hold the window treatments up. One of the best ways to hold your window treatments up is through the use of a single curved rail. Be aware though, that installing a single rail will cost a lot more than if you used three separate rails for each of the windows.
- Valances. If you are going to be using shades, curtains, or anything similar you may also want to consider using a valance. Valances are used to hide the mechanical items that are used to hold up your curtains and shades. You can have the most beautiful curtains or shades possible, but if you do not take the opportunity to hide the rails, or other items, then you will find yourself not able to enjoy the view anywhere near what you may wish.
- Shades. For media rooms, game rooms, offices, or movie room one of the best possible methods for controlling the amount of light that enters through a bay window is through the use of shades. The best types of shades to use are those along the lines of Roman shades. Roman shades will go up or down and take up very little space from your windows, while also diffusing but not eliminating the light that enters the room.
- Curtains. Curtains are perhaps the most traditional method for decorating any window, and it is no different when it comes to bay windows. When choosing the curtains that you will use in your bay windows though, stick to ones that are reminiscent of elegance and refinement. This means long panels, and cafe-style curtains that are hung near the ceiling.
- Shutters. Shutters, particularly colonial style shutters, can be a great decorative style to use for your bay windows. Primarily used outdoors, if used properly and in conjunction with plants and other organic items, shutters can add a wonderful exotic touch to your home.
More Home Improvement Tips
Are you interested in creating a truly unique window, mirror, or other glass item for your home? If so you may want to ...
Plexiglas (or plexiglass as it is often misspelled) can be found just about everywhere. From the windows out in the ...
Window treatments are an important part of decorating and are functional at the same time. Choosing panel window ...