Properly Painting Your Room
by Lee Wyatt
(last updated November 20, 2015)
Believe it or not, there is a method to being able to get your newly painted room looking as good as possible. In fact, if you don't want to potentially spend an arm and a leg to have a professional do the job, you need to know what these methods are. These methods aren't particularly taxing, or all that difficult to learn. In fact, many of the methods are fairly common sense, though they can be a bit time consuming.
- Choose the right tools. The biggest thing that you need to remember for properly painting a room is that you need to choose the right tools. For example, when working in tight areas you will need to have some smaller paint brushes to do the work. However, for large areas such as walls, you need to have some decent quality paint rollers, or even a paint sprayer. In the even that you are going for specific paint effects (such as most faux painting styles) you need to have the proper tools to achieve that effect.
- Prepare the room properly. When you are ready to begin painting, make sure that you prepare the room you are painting properly. This means that you need to use things like drop cloths, painting tape, and even newspapers to help protect the floors, windows, and electrical outlets. However, another thing that you should keep in mind is that you want to have as few pieces of furniture in the room as possible so that you don't accidently spill paint on them, as well as having plenty of space to get the job done.
- Take your time. Many times people will rush through their paint job, not caring how little time it takes. Haste makes waste as well as messes, so take as much time as you may need to complete the job correctly. While it may be tedious, by taking the proper amount of time you can ensure that you don't accidentally get paint on something that you don't want painted.
- Clean up thoroughly. When you are finished painting, make sure that you take the time to completely, and thoroughly clean up. Don't leave anything out when you are doing your cleaning. You would be amazed at how easy it is for a paint stain to show up simply because you forgot to pick something up and put it away.
- Inspect and repeat as necessary. Once you have finished painting your room, wait a couple of days and then look at it again. Make note of any mistakes, missed spots, or other painting problems that may have cropped up. After inspecting the room, paint it again. However, this time you don't need to paint everything like you did the first time. Instead, do spot painting of the areas that have some kind of a problem.
More Home Improvement Tips
There is more to getting the right paint than simply running out and picking up the first type of paint that you choose. If ...
If you are looking for a fantastic way to paint your wall, and create a truly unique look then you simply have to look into ...
There is more to doing a proper painting job than simply picking up some brushes and some paint. Make sure that you have the ...