Space-Saving Bathroom Storage Ideas
So you've run out of storage space in your bathroom, but you haven't run out of stuff. What do you do now? Here are a few tips to help you find that space you didn't think you had.
- So you may not have any more space on your floor to add bins or shelves, but you have plenty of space going upwards. Add tall shelves and on each shelf put an oversized basket that you can stuff full of something. You can accommodate a lot of things on shelves, such as towels, personal hygiene supplies, or your collection of soap. Not only do they add space, but you can intersperse some potpourri or flowers to decorate the place a bit.
- Avoid clutter by placing everyday items in a basket in the corner. Group items together in each basket for a specific person and make sure that person keeps all their stuff in their basket only. Or if you have enough room, assign each person a drawer and tell them that whatever fits in their drawer can stay, but whatever doesn't has to go.
- If your bathtub doesn't have ample space to hold all your shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, etc, buy a basket that hangs down from your showerhead. They can usually hold up to 4 bottles of shampoo, a few razors and a bar of soap.
- The bathroom door is often the place people think last as a place for storage. Install hooks, bars, or bins in which to hang towels, accessories, and store small items.
- Use jars to store things that you sue on a regular basis, such as Q-Tips or cotton balls. Not only does it look nicer than the bag or box that they come in but they take up less space.
- Under your sink is always a hard space to maximize since it has all the plumbing, however if you use a lazy Susan, you can easily get to those things that usually hide behind the plumbing.
- Over the toilet is often a place overlooked for storage as well. If you all you have there is an empty wall, a good idea would be to put in a cabinet or hang a few shelves. It's a great place to store towels, extra toilet paper, or anything of that sort.
Whatever your bathroom may look like, odds are if you look around hard enough, you'll be able to find more space. And if not, look around to make sure your utilizing the space you do have to the best of its ability.
More Home Improvement Tips
Whether you are looking to save money on your water bill, or are more interested in becoming more efficient in your water ...
Clogged toilets are, unfortunately, a fact of life. Learning to quickly unclog a toilet is an extremely useful skill.
Bathroom vanities are an important part of what sets the "tone" for your bathroom, and that impression can pass on to the ...